Ann Dawson, Emily McNamara, Ben Rimalower...AND MORE!

Emily McNamara joins Richard Skipper Celebrates September 10th
When nothing is sure, everything is possible.
-Margaret Drabble, British author

Happy September 1st, 2017!
Rabbit, Rabbit!
September 1 is the 244th day of the year. There are 121 days remaining until the end of the year.
Can you believe it is September? I know I sound like a broken record, but where has the time gone!?!?! It seems like I was just setting my intentions (never resolutions) for the year and here we are careening towards the end of the year, the holidays, winter, oh my! 
Autumn is my favorite time of year! Don't want to let go of magnificent summer, but a time to bask in the wonder of life.
September will find me getting back on The Fast track for Call on Dolly!
August is always a very nostalgic time for me. I arrived in New York on August 5th, 1979 and I never looked back. This August was a strange time for me. I feel that Mercury Retrograde had a lot to do with that! 

So many wonderful things have happened in September! We are celebrating just one day, September 10th and I hope you'll be there to celebrate with us. We are at The Laurie Beechman at 1PM, thanks to my wonderful producer Russ Woolley and Wright Bros. Real Estate of Nyack.
Autumn is not officially here for another three weeks but there is so much to celebrate.As we approach Labor Day, the abundance of entertainment choices is increasing. There is a lot of great entertainment in store this month. 
My friends and colleagues may think I'm overly generous with my time today, but I'm not actually giving up as much independence as it seems.
Ben Rimalower Celebrateswith us on September 10th
My goal is to celebrate each other in the midst of the snarky dark climate that we now find ourselves in. If you are in New York on September 10th, please come celebrate with us. It is not just about me. It is about me celebrating the best that entertainment has to offer and we present it in a talk/variety show format. It gives our audiences to see these great artists that they rarely get to do even in their own shows.
As we get closer to showtime, your self-confidence is high and my mind is very positive.
9 Days from Today. Richard Skipper Celebrates September 10th! Check out The Promo. Thank you, Michael Masci!
I love having the chance to interact with great entertainers on stage, and to exchange ideas with them.
I get many of my ideas from television and/or movies.  
Has Ben Rimalower ever appeared with our Mystery Guest? You'll have to be there to find out!
As with all of our shows, we have a Mystery Guest, and this month is no exception. I posed a couple of questions to our Mystery Guest and here are the results:  
One regret you have about your career
I actually have no regrets. I have been lucky to have worked
my entire life in the business and I look back and think... "Wow, how fortunate am I" 

Something you desire in this business
Hmmm. I guess that more people would be able to make a living in the business. It's not easy. I serve on a board for SAGAFTRA and I help and share my experiences with others to maybe help them get through times.

You'll have to be there to find out who it is. Go to RichardSkipper.com and click on the yellow star to order your tix. 

And from Ann Dawson:
One regret you have about your career
 In the words of Edith Piaf, "Non, je ne regrette rien!"

Something you desire in this business
Ann Dawson
To be able to keep performing with talented colleagues,  continue to expand my creative horizons and bring joy to my audiences.

Your most recent appearance and your thoughts on that
Performing  my show Traveling Solo (at the Metropolitan Room) for which I won a Bistro Award.  I learned a lot about myself working on this project with director, Barry Kleinbort.

Expect more pleasant surprises and sudden breaks this month. Life is treating me well. I'm stopping to smell the roses whether I like it or not.

Go out and see a LIVE show this month! And tag this hashtag #RightToBearArts!
Get into the groove of whatever daily life means to you and just "be here now".
Please contribute to my GoFundMe Campaign for Dolly if you can and please pay it forward
If you are in Piermont, NY tonight, there is a screening of A Funny Thing Happened on To The Way to The Forum at The Piermont Public Library
Enjoy the sweet and gentle music of THE RICK BOGART QUARTET in the beautiful 8th Floor
When will Doris Dear, my Mystery Guest? September 10th, October 8th, November 5th?
Lounge, overlooking Times Square of...
The Marriott Marquis 1535 Broadway at 45th St.

TONIGHT Friday September 1st AND Friday September 22nd and two Fridays a month thereafter for the rest of the year.
They will be performing from 5 pm to 9 pm.

Reserve Today and Also see me on September 18th!
For reservations please call...212.398.1900 And enjoy the fine music of this group on stage at the Living Room of
The Flatiron Hotel
1141 Broadway at 26th St.
Wednesdays..7 pm to10 pm
Saturdays...6 pm to 9 pm Reservations..917.432.8810

On a sad note, I just read that Shelly Berman has passed on. I had dinner with him when I was appearing in Atlantic City twenty years ago. Funny man and he will be missed.

TONIGHT~ FRIDAY~ Please join Sarah Hayes with Steve Doyle at La Rivista. They will bebe singing songs from the Great American Songbook from 8PM to 12...
This charming Restaurant is located in the Heart of Hell's Kitchen on NYC's Famous Restaurant Row. There is No Cover!
Go Sing a-long with Sarah and Steve, Drink, Dine and be Merry!
Located at 313 West 46th St. (Between 8th and 9th Ave.)



September 15th is ONLY 2 weeks away!  Time to mark your calendars and pick your song!  It's time for the next round of SPOTLIGHT ON YOU! Hosted by  Natasha Castillo and John Koprowski (currently on leave).Spotlight Guest:  MAC (Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs) President/Multi-award winning
Natasha Castillo
performer/director Lennie Watts.  Musical Director For the Evening: the multi-talented Matthew Martin Ward.  Where: 53 Above Broadway
(Look for the Broadway Comedy Club Sign)
318 West 53rd Street,1st floor

(between 8th and 9th Avenue)
They offer:
- Opportunity to work with different musicians.
- Chance to meet and network with other performers!
- Chance to advertise your upcoming
Matthew Martin Ward seen here with Sally Darling (one of our featured guests October 8th!)
performances (we will promote YOU and your upcoming events)!

- Monthly Feature Spotlights that will enchant and charm you!
- Low cost high quality video clips of your performance ($15 or $10 for MAC members)!
- LOTS OF FUN!
Sign up starts at 6:30 PM
$10 Cover for Performers and $5 for general audience
and $15 Food/Drink Minimum!

 

Gavin Creel Joseph Marzullo/WENN
Newly minted Hello, Dolly! Tony winner Gavin Creel and fellow stage favorites will revisit the most embarrassing performances of their lives in the October 15 concert Let Me Try That Again: Take 5 at Feinstein’s/54 Below. (Source: Playbill.com)

 Patrick J. Hamilton moved from Florida in 1995. He says that he would be hard-pressed to find another place that ticked off all the boxes like New York does. A lot of that has to do with landing in Hell’s Kitchen. (Read MORE

Happy Birthday, Lily Tomlin

Following several email requests for 'affordable photo shoots', Steven Mosher has decided to have a Labor Day Sale.
All photo shoots bought and paid for between now and Midnight on Labor Day will be half off of his usual fee ($500). The purchaser is welcome to schedule their shoot any time before December 31st, after which timehe will no longer be working behind the camera.
That's $250 a shoot, including the time you spend together, ten edited photos and the other (viable) photos in their raw, unedited form.
Any interested parties have only to Email me to set it up.

A lot of people have been asking "Where is up with Jenifer Lewis?"
Well-- along with filming season number 4 of BLACKISH, she has been writing her MEMOIR
BIG announcement coming SOON --


Sam Norkin (1917-2011), who drew Broadway for decades, honoring opening nights with the caricature of a star or the entire company, most notably for The New York Daily News, is the subject of an online exhibition at Broadway Design Exchange, beginning now through November 19. (Source: Broadway World)

It’s good to be Frank Marino. For starters, he’s one of the longest-running performers on the Las Vegas Strip, at 30-plus years and counting (and he recently signed a five-year extension with host property The
Linq Hotel for his hit drag queen show, Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas); then there’s his upcoming reality show Last Laugh, in which he serves as mentor to eight English performers looking to make a comeback in Las Vegas; and he recently premiered his new movie, Surge of Power (a sci-fi tale about the first gay superhero), at the Palms. And for those who can’t get enough of Marino’s show, there’s even better news: Starting in October, he’s going to a seven-day-a-week schedule, and the schedule already includes a happy hour deal—a 32-ounce drink and free souvenir Divas cup. “The more you drink, the better we look,” Marino joked. (Marino’s show has special days and times this week. Call for more information. Source: Las Vegas Magazine)

Get a sneak peek at Michael Feinstein and Betty Buckley dueting before Feinstein's "Showstoppers" series continues tonight, September 1st, through September 3rd at Feinstein's/54 Below! (Source Broadway World

The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new. -Socrates


I'm throwing back the curtain and showing my followers the little man behind the Wizard who is always trying to put forth a positive image of a man. 

Let's Be Friends! I promise you a great experience!


You have the power to change anything, because you are the one who chooses your thoughts and feels your feelings.


Here are a Few Testimonials for Richard Skipper Celebrates: Next One September 10th 1PM Laurie Beechman Theater: Reserve HERE:
w/Ann Dawson, Emily McNamara, Ben Rimalower... AND a Beloved Cabaret Mystery Guest

What a wonderful afternoon at "Richard Skipper Celebrates" at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on June 18th. Do you remember Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show or WNEW AM from years ago.This show brought me back to those days. Besides being a wonderful entertainer, Richard is an fascinating interviewer. His guests in this show included Sarah Rice and Mark Watson, David Sabella, Warren Schein and special guest Sharon McNight.
It's been such a long time since I have seen such a wonderful show.
Richard has this event as a Sunday Brunch once a month. He is taking the summer off but will return with a blockbuster show on Sunday September 10th. If you are in the New York area please join me to witness talent that is rare seen any more. (September 10th, brunch at the Laurie Beechman Theater on West 42nd Street)
Elaine Marlowe Mitchell, NYC
Happy Birthday, George Maharis! Today, I celebrate YOU!
Anyone who has an opportunity to see Richard Skipper's cabaret shows should BY ALL MEANS do so! They're sensational! Great entertainers, wonderful music, lots of laughs, just the best way to spend an afternoon! I just cannot wait for the next show because I will DEFINITELY be in the audience (quietly singing along)!
Arlene Jacks, New York, NY
Today again, Richard Skipper brought together an eclectic array of exceptional talents in his Father's Day Show.  Richard's upbeat personality and his superb showmanship always put a smile on my face and uplift my spirits.  Thank you, Richard, and bravo! 
Eileen Lacy,  New York, NY

Sit Back! A New News Cycle Is About to Begin!


Thank you, to ALL who are mentioned in this blog for showing me that it is up to ME to lead by example!

With grateful XOXOXs ,


 




Please LIKE (if you do!) and SHARE!
Happy Birthday to Director David Wylie! He directed the late Great Patrice Munsel. Read his story HERE
David Wylie

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!


Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  Keeping America great through Art!     

Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!
 
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com      










Comments