Nikka Graff Lanzalone ,The Spotlight w/ Kevin Scott Hall and Ricky Ritzel, and Linda Glick

What makes you different or weird – that’s your strength. – Meryl Streep

Happy July 19, 2018!
Happy Raspberry Cake Day!
July 19 is the 200th day of the year. There are 165 days remaining until the end of the year. In numerology, it is the beginning of a new cycle. As I sit down to write today's blog, I'm listening to the great Carmen MacRae. As my followers know, music is always playing in the background when I am writing. It creates a great soundtrack and inspires me as I write.
Yesterday, I wrote about Ilene Graff who will be appearing tomorrow night and Saturday at Feinstein's/54 Below. She will be joined by her daughter, Nikka Graff Lanzalone and today I'm giving Nikka equal time.
Lanzarone was raised in a performing family (her mother is Mr. Belvedere's Irene Graff) and majored in musical theater at Boston Conservatory. Following graduation, she headed to Las Vegas to star in Jerry Mitchell's Peepshow.
She made her Broadway debut playing Marisa in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown before going on to play Velma Kelly in Chicago.

Nikka, If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be? 
I couldn't think of one word, so I asked my friend Ashley. She said "Multifaceted." I like that.

What is your idea of happiness? 
Being able to make someone's life better. 

Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got into theatre?
Well, that theatrical family hooked me in from a very young age, and here I am! I started dancing when I was about two and a half and just never stopped.

What do you do to stay connected to your creative self? 
I think about what I can do to try and make an impact on the world, and then use the skills I have to make that impact. And then I watch my cat try to solve the age-old problem of "how do I jump up there when I know I'm not allowed?" - it inspires me to keep going after the things I want!

What is your favorite piece of art?
Right now, I have several of Jenny Holzer's Inflammatory Essays open in my browser, and I constantly revisit them. I love how she uses the built world as a canvas for her larger message, which stays ever-relevant as time goes on.

How do you see proceeding with your career? Do you have an upcoming project in mind after this one?  
Well, I'm definitely overdue for a closet cleanout, so that's my upcoming project. I'm also trying to be better at being a plant person, so my husband and I keep buying plants and trying not to kill them. I'm working on some fun things with friends that are still in their nascent stages. As to my career? I would like to be able to not have a day job sometime in the near future, a little more freedom, and more teaching opportunities.

How have you tried to redefine "success" in the entertainment industry?
By staying relentlessly human.

Are you happy? 
It's a work in progress.
If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be? 
Thoughtful

Here's to a success-FULL run. Order Tickets HERE

Richard Skipper ALSO Celebrates
The next Spotlight on You will BE on Friday, August 17th featuring Kevin Scott Hall, who IS not ONLY A PERFORMER BUT formerly ON the Bistro AWARD COMMITTEE, A WRITER, a COACH, A TEACHER...AND and AWARD winning RICKY RITZEL ON the PIANO!
Invite your friends and bring your favorite song!
Hosted by: Natasha Castillo

Where: 53 Above Broadway
(Look for the Broadway Comedy Club Sign)
318 West 53rd Street,1st floor
(between 8th and 9th Avenue)
They offer:
- Opportunity to work with different musicians.
- A chance to meet and network with other performers!
- A chance to advertise your upcoming performances (they will promote YOU and your upcoming events)!
Kevin Scott Hall
- Monthly Feature Celebrity Spotlights that will enchant and charm you!
- Low-cost high-quality video clips of your performance ($15)!
- LOTS OF FUN!
Sign up starts at 6:30 PM
$10 Cover and $15 Food/Drink Minimum!

JOIN Them at the Spotlight!!

Linda Glick is taking her latest show, TEACH ME TONIGHT to the Crazy Coqs in London on August 1st at 7 pm!
Following a hugely successful run at PANGEANYC and glowing reviews, Linda will debut her show in London after crossing the pond on the Queen Mary2.
Please tell friends and family to go celebrate this special show.
“...haunting and captivating.” Theaterpizzazz.com
“...Glick triumphed at singing in foreign languages....sublime...magnificent.”
Nitelifeexchange.com
Now, go and do something nice for someone without expecting anything in return!


NEXT UP!

A Few Audience Testimonials about Richard Skipper Celebrates

 I thank you both from the absolute rock bottom of my heart and I'll always treasure 
the commemorative mug you made for the show :-)

I can't stop smiling and you are the culprits :-)

Sheree Sanno

Jamie deRoy, Shelly Markham, Richard Skipper, Eda Sorokoff, Peggy Herman
Love Richard Skipper Celebrates. Looking forward to a new season.
Bea Sonnenshein, Sparkill, New York

Thank you for your wonderful shows, Richard! They truly are celebrations and bring much joy! Looking forward to September 9th when you return for Season 3!
Kati Neiheisel, New York, NY

Season Three Begins September 9th!
This Show Is Also Made Possible by  Wright Bros. Real Estate, Nyack New York

You never know who you might see there and what might happen! If you have attended a Richard Skipper Celebrates Event, please add your thoughts in the GuestBook at RichardSkipper.com

With grateful XOXOXs,


 


Please LIKE (if you do!) and SHARE!

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!
This Blog is Dedicated to Paula J. Riley
Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  Keeping America great through Art!     

Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!

TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com







Comments