Oleg Frish, Lisa Yaeger, Doris, Dear...and More!


Oleg Frish
Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.
-Osho

Happy Saturday, November 10th, 2017!
November 11 is the 315th day of the year. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year.
Welcome to an eleven day, everyone!
Be sure that you have considered all of the options and potential consequences of anything you make your mind up about. 
Because my working life is going well, I am indulging in daydreams in which I'm at the top of the heap, perhaps even famous! And I desire to bring along with me those that need to be known on a wider scale. Until that happens, it will have to suffice here in my blog! I'm using my practicality to map out a workable course of action.  Dreams manifest through planning and hard work. I'm getting ready to make some major changes to the way you do business.  I am not shrinking away from what could potentially advance me.
I'm sometimes confused about what action is correct.  Stretch beyond your normal energy for a good cause today.  Good food, favorite activities and quality time with good friends. These things will have you feeling more optimistic.
Continuing with my series of shows that you may not necessarily would know about. If you go to one of these shows, please let them know I sent you! In these moments, we are connecting in very real ways.
Lisa Yaeger
Tonight, Lisa Yaeger closes her run at Don't Tell Mama.
Lisa was named 1st Runner up of the inaugural season of Mama's Next Big Act at
Don't Tell Mama. She has been seen regularly at The Metropolitan Room, The Laurie

Beechman, 54 Below, Don't Tell Mama and Pangea. She has toured nationally as well as
performed various roles regionally. Her voice can be heard on PBS Kids and has been
featured on The Broadway Carols for The Cures CD. I sent her three questions for my blog today. Here are the questions AND her
answers!

Have you ever longed to be a movie star or participate in some way in the film industry?
Of course, who hasn’t? But not the Hollywood of today.. Old Hollywood, with Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo… I love reading all of the old autobiographies of those beautiful famous people

List three "gifts" that you've gotten over the years from friends or family members - not the kind you can unwrap, but the kind that have contributed to the person you are today.
Well Gift #1 is for the unconditional support I get from my family, my parents, especially!

They have attended almost every single performance I have ever done.. they drove up to see all of my recitals in College at the Crane School of Music, 6(!) hours away.. and they even drove to Virginia Beach to see a show I was in once! Their support means so much in the crazy business where we tend to doubt ourselves a lot!

Gift #2 is obviously my son. He came to us through adoption as an infant, and we have been SO blessed. Being a parent has absolutely contributed to the person I am today. He makes me want to be a better person, to be kinder, to be patience (which has its moments and I am constantly working on ha!) and of course to strive to become a better artist.

Gift #3 I think would have to be from my very first voice teacher and mentor. Walter Blazer. His love for music pushed me to be the best i can be and will always stay with me, especially when i feel like the business has gotten me down. He has since passed away, but I always think of his big beautiful smile and his JOY!

What Do you like Most about this business?
The ability to create art and music! And cabaret has been such an amazing platform for that. The theater has always been my first love, but in theater you portray a character and bring parts of you into each person you play. In cabaret, its YOU! You create the story you want to tell, you find the music you connect to and the possibilities are endless. Its so rewarding, and so intimate, which I love. 

Not to mention getting to work with some of the most incredible musicians in the city

Go see Lisa Yaeger TONIGHT at DON'T TELL MAMA 7PM show. CASH ONLY!


Tomorrow night, catch Oleg Frish at The Iridium!

What Do you like Most about this business?
Creative moments, meeting  other talented people, touring and live appearances

What Do you like least about it?
The genre of cabaret targets more an audience of 55 and older and does not attract to younger generation. This is sad, because there are people of 25+ who would like to be involved in it and

bring their friends to shows, but they want to see younger crowd in clubs and theaters and also - performers of their age. Sadly, there are no TV programs about cabaret and jazz, no radio programs on FM  stations and only a few well known younger performers . I heard this said that this genre is dying.  But I am sure there are ways to bring the genre back to new audiences.

What change would you like to see in your lifetime?
I want the genre to become more popular and widespread and I would love to host a national program about jazz and cabaret.



Someone else who should have a national program is Ray DeForest as Doris Dear

The Doris Dear Christmas Special is coming to The Triad Theater via The Metropolitan Room on Dec 13th and 20th. They were sold out last year at 54 Below.... but this year, they have moved AND LOWERED THE PRICE! And as you might know... the Triad only requires two  drinks not a dollar amount minimum and Doris Dear loves it
there! Ray started this journey as Doris Dear there five years ago! So go on out to a great Holiday Show with guests Sean Harkness, the a fore mentioned Lisa Yaeger, Director Lina Koutrakos and Musical Director Rick Jensen. 

Get you tickets early here:
Doris Dear Christmas Special

Have you ever longed to be a movie star or participate in some way in the film industry? Doris Dear was born to be a star (at least in her own head!) Actually I adore being on stage and spent 12 years on TV giving advice and teaching gardening, pet care, cooking and interior design. I have also been featured in several films and I loved It but my true love is telling the stories about my parents Taffy and Duke on stage and sharing the wonderful advice they passed on to me

List three "gifts" that you've gotten over the years from friends or family members - not the kind you can unwrap, but the kind that have contributed to the person you are today. 
I have been very lucky to have had several individuals who have been mentors to me over the years in the industry and in my life. A true gift is being friends with Larry Kramer, who has taught me to fight the fight and never be anything but yourself.

What Do you like Most about this business? I love that I get to share my life experiences with people who I may not even know. The fact that thy are willing to sit for 70 minutes at a time and listen to me absolutely surprises me time and time again. That I get to do that for a living is truly what I consider a success.

Also worth mentioning:
Amy Beth Williams
in
A THOUSAND BEAUTIFUL THINGS

MUSICAL DIRECTION BY IAN HERMAN

DIRECTED BY TANYA MOBERLY

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH AT 7PM
(Also Monday, December 18th at 7pm)

Don't Tell Mama
343 West 46th St, NYC 10036
212-757-0788 (after 4pm) / 
 
Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
-Oscar Wilde

I'm throwing back the curtain and showing my followers the little man behind the Wizard who is always trying to put forth a positive image of a man.

Let's Be Friends! I promise you a great experience!

You have the power to change anything, because you are the one who chooses your thoughts and feels your feelings.

with Shana Farr, Leanne Borghesi, Denise Spann-Morgan, Jesse Luttrell, Phyllis Pastore, Russ Woolley

Here are a Few Testimonials for Richard Skipper Celebrates: Next One December 3rd 1PM Laurie Beechman Theater: Reserve HERE:
Richard Skipper Celebrates December 3rd! With Guest Stars: Bobby Belfry, Ann Kittredge, Sidney
Myer, Deborah Stone, AND special guest star Kathryn Crosby!

Richard Skipper Celebrates!
A delightful afternoon of cabaret, beautiful voices, and Richard Skipper being the ultimate host! Beautifully produced by Russ Woolley.
What a wonderful way to share a joy filled afternoon!

Pat Palumbo, Amawalk, NY

Bravo and thank You for the spectacular, intimate conversation with Melissa Manchester. It was so warm, flowing easily with mutual respect and affection.It was like I was there. The most real and down to earth interview I have seen ever,truly!We Fanchesters thank you sooo much for letting us get to know our so loved Melissa on such a personal level.  Cathy Baker, "Fanchesters Are Us" Fan and Photo page, Facebook 


Sit Back! A New News Cycle Is About to Begin!


Thank you, to ALL who are mentioned in this blog for showing me that it is up to ME to lead by example!

With grateful XOXOXs ,


 




Please LIKE (if you do!) and SHARE!


NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!


Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  Keeping America great through Art!     

Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!
 
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com




Comments