MAC Roving Open Mic,Randi Levine Miller, A New Play about Emmett Kelly ...and So Much More!

with Diane J. Findlay and Rochelle Wolo at one of our FACEBOOK LIVE Roundtables
I met Richard Skipper at a cocktail party given by KT Sullivan and
Steve Downy last week. We had a brief conversation on the terrace as I was taking photos of the view from the 34th floor of the city at night.  Richard was the brightest light, as we made friends and decided to keep in touch. His charisma and charm was over the top.
Interviewing Sondra Lee and Lee Roy Reams in RSC...The 53rd Anniversary of Hello, Dolly!
What a memorable moment in
my life. Thanks Richard !!!

Frances J. Frawley, NYC 

Happy Saturday, August 26th, 2017!
I'm having an awesome day! How is yours? 
August 26 is the 238th day of the year. There are 127 days remaining until the end of the year.
Today in 1965 Sonny and Cher hit no. 1 on the UK singles I Got You Babe

CELEBRITIES BORN ON THIS DAY: Keke Palmer, 24; Macaulay Culkin, 37; Chris Pine, 37; Melissa McCarthy, 47.

Welcome to Richard Skipper Celebrates...celebrating the best that the world of entertainment has to offer. 
 I live my life with 'yes' in my head, on my lips, and in my heart more often than 'no'. When I receive an invitation, I open my calendar to see my availability and it is very simple. 

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. — Mark Twain

I commit or I'm not available. 
I do realize that life events that take us off course, but why is this so hard?
I'm not asking anyone to do anything that I don't already do myself.
Just try it and see how it will transform your lives. Commitment and interaction are something I take very seriously.  
Just today, I had someone say, "It will have to be last minute, I don't plan that far in advance.
How do people plan weddings, shows, parties, vacations, etc. COMMIT TO YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, LOVED ONES! 
Once in a while, it might be reciprocated.
I love to chat about everything under the Sun, but sometimes some of the talk comes across a little like a sermon delivered by a very high-powered preacher.

I'm trying to move with the moment, and just let the discussion flow. Remember that your voice is just as important as mine or the next person's.
As I'm writing these words, I just saw this post on Facebook:
 Interesting how one chapter ends and a new one begins. 2 years ago a new chapter began, Music has been my full time career . Excited to discuss my work leading potential opportunity.
Whatever the outcome, I would not have spoken with this person if I took NO for an answer.
Never take NO for an answer!
Interesting that I'm not the only one on this page today! 

I had someone tell me a while ago that because of illness, he can only commit to an event day of!
If I accepted every invitation, I would never be home! 
I'm not talking just about invitations to dinners, lunches, brunches, and an occasional party.
 I'm also talking about invitations to shows and special events. Trust me, I want to go to so much
With Warren Schein
more.
It’s 'back-to-school' season. Shows are competing for audiences...and I, too, am part of that competition. 
However, finances are an issue, time is an issue, and my husband, Danny, is an issue. It would not be fair to do this to him every night. There is another factor, logistics. I live in Rockland County.
I don't drive, and the buses stop running at 10PM. That being said, I will continue to be there cheering as many artists as I can feasibly fit into my schedule. 
As I sat down to begin today's blog, I was listening to the 50s channel on Sirius XM Radio, more specifically, Buzz Clifford's Babysitting BoogieMy Horoscope tells me that some facts that I may need for certain projects might prove elusive today.
That's OK with me. It's a Saturday, Mercury is in retrograde, and I really go into full throttle when the retrograde ends on the 6th.
No matter what website or periodical I consult, I come across some interesting stuff but not exactly what I'm looking for. 
Sometimes I spend too much time looking for the impossible.
I feel very full of the magic of life.
You have the possibility of having a good day, but if you say that you are going to take your dearest to Paris for lunch, then mean it - otherwise there could be problems.

Your most practical ideas are the ones that will win you the most points. Earn favor with others by letting your best side of you shine through.
This is a day when I have good reason to be satisfied with the results of my efforts.
On the other hand, I'm also looking at my whole approach to my physical health and saying "Yuck!" and "C'mon, step it up!"
One small step that is important for me to take, is a serious look at posture - especially when I am at my desk.

Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.
 —Ellen DeGeneres

What a Loved ones may think that you're ill, upset, or even angry. time. Everybody just hang in there.
-Facebook Post



This has already been a busy productive day.  
I'm very excited about the next season.  It is not just about me on the boards. Check out these other great artists and events. Please go see them. Tell them I sent you!
 
Sally Struthers as Dolly Levi in the 50th Anniversary Tour of Hello, Dolly!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's just about time to go to the first of the NEW SEASON of MAC Roving Open Mic.
Award winning Bob Diamond
That's right on Tuesday Aug 29th we start another wonderful season of the MAC Roving Open Mic. WHERE: The Laurie Beechman Theater on 42nd and 9th. 

And to add to the excitement we have as the Musical Director for the evening the wonderful Matthew Martin Ward guiding you through your song. And it is the first time Matthew has been able to be with us. Bob Diamond will be your host for the evening. Singing starts at 7pm, but sign up starts at 6:30. 
There is no cover charge for MAC members and only MAC member can sing. The charge for non-members is $10. All involved should help to fulfill the house minimum of $20 in food and/or drink.

I mentioned in an earlier blog this week that I am appearing in Randi Levine-Miller's“Showstopper Divas” and “Divos” concert on September 18th. Here is another reminder and I hope you will attend. I am in really great company!

Celebrated for their mix of humor and high-octane singing, Levine-Miller’s “Showstopper Divas” and “Divos” concerts have been a staple of the New York charity nightclub scene for years.  “Usually I like to do male or female versions of these concerts,” says Levine-Miller, a former national publicity executive who overcame paralyzing stage fright to become a singer herself. “But it’s the most fun when I do a balancing act with my favorite stars and scene stealers of both sexes,” says Levine-Miller, who, in addition to hosting and producing the Showstopper concerts and the Tomatoes Got Talent singing competition, is the host of the monthly Randie’s Roundtable Showfolks Luncheons at Sardi’s. 

Emmett Kelly
Spotlight Communications, Inc. presents Tony and Drama Desk Award Nominee Brad Oscar in WILLIE AND ME: THE EMMETT KELLY STORY, a theatrical play on the life and times of Emmett Kelly, Senior, America's iconic, sad-faced clown who swept up the spotlight, on Monday, September 18th. This invitation only World Premiere reading will be held in New York City before a select group of theatrical investors and producers. (Read MORE)

Back in June, Wendy Scherl was picked as a Bistro Bits Pic. I would not be surprised to see a Bistro Award...or two...in her future.
She returns to Don't Tell Mama October 1st at 4PM. That is our wedding anniversary (Danny and me, not Wendy and me!) Join us please and let's celebrate! I may have something else to promote for later that night...involving me! Stay tuned!

Actor Jerry Adler as Howard Lyma in “The Good Wife.” Photo: CBS
You could say Jerry Adler is “in transition,” preparing for yet another chapter of a rich and varied theatrical life.

It’s one that has seen him as a stage manager (including the original “My Fair Lady”), Broadway director and commercial producer. Finally, at the age when many retire, he began an acting career that resulted with such memorable continuing roles as the Jewish mobster Hesh in “The Sopranos,” as Mr. Wicker, the building super, in ”Mad About You,” and most recently, as Howard Lyman, the politically incorrect law partner in “The Good Wife.”  (Read MORE)

 15 Days till Showtime. Richard Skipper Celebrates September 10th! Check out The Promo: https://youtu.be/T_1RIlzrr2w 

Today, CallonDolly.com celebrates Monica Wemitt!
Make A Dream Come True! Become a part of the Call On Dolly Project by contributing to Our Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/CallonDolly-FromCaroltoBetteandBeyond (Every person who makes a donation gets an acknowledgment in the book AND entered in a drawing for Channing and Dolly items!)

Social media is an increasing part of every business, including the theater business. There is some debate about what it means for ticket sales, but it is clear that it can mean a lot to increase actors' profiles. Actors who would have only been truly known by a select group of theater insiders have thousands of followers on Twitter and Instagram. Some report being asked about those numbers, and Facebook fan page likes, by casting directors and directors. But it's not necessarily easy for actors to share on social media. There are some impediments. READ MORE

Tomorrow is the birthday of Marilynn Wick. If you ever find yourself in Boca, I hope that you will attend The Wick Theater which houses the largest collection of vintage Broadway costumes ever. Like Debbie Reynolds, this is a labor of love for Marilynn. Click HERE to see a blog interview I did with Marilynn FIVE years ago!

The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new. - Socrates

I'm throwing back the curtain and showing my followers the little man behind the Wizard who is always trying to put forth a positive image of a man. 

Let's Be Friends! I promise you a great experience!


You have the power to change anything, because you are the one who chooses your thoughts and feels your feelings.


Here are a Few Testimonials for Richard Skipper Celebrates: Next One September 10th 1PM Laurie Beechman Theater: Reserve HERE:
w/Ann Dawson, Emily McNamara, Ben Rimalower... AND a Beloved Cabaret Mystery Guest
Ben Rimalower joins Richard Skipper Celebrates September 10th
What a wonderful afternoon at "Richard Skipper Celebrates" at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on June 18th.
Do you remember Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show or WNEW AM from years ago.This show brought me back to those days. Besides being a wonderful entertainer, Richard is an fascinating interviewer. His guests in this show included Sarah Rice and Mark Watson, David Sabella, Warren Schein and special guest Sharon McNight.
It's been such a long time since I have seen such a wonderful show.
Richard has this event as a Sunday Brunch
Emily McNamara joins Richard Skipper Celebrates September 10th
once a month. 
He is taking the summer off but will return with a blockbuster show on Sunday September 10th. If you are in the New York area please join me to witness talent that is rare seen any more. (September 10th, brunch at the Laurie Beechman Theater on West 42nd Street)
Elaine Marlowe Mitchell, NYC
I was recently lucky enough to attend *Richard Skipper Celebrates the Songs of World War II,* held on Armed Forces Day in May. Richard is in his element as the perfect host – welcoming, relaxed, knowledgeable, and funny. Joining Richard’s party were Diane J Findlay, Sue Matsuki, and KT Sullivan, plus mystery guests Carole Demas and Ruby Rakos.
Ben Rimalower to Return to New York City With Patti Issues and Bad With Money!
They were first-rate, and sang the heck out of their vintage selections, including some expected classics, and some less well-known songs. Richard Skipper Celebrates is clearly inspired by the old TV variety shows, and by Richard’s intense love for music, performers, and entertainment history. The brunch show at the Laurie Beechman Theatre left me happy, informed, and wanting to celebrate with Richard Skipper again and again.
My mission is to celebrate YOU!
Most of all, I was reminded of exactly what it was that I loved about Cabaret as a genre: at its best, there is an intimacy about it that leads to an intense bond between performer and audience that I have seldom seen elsewhere.

Maya Amis, Jackson Heights, NY

Richard Skipper Celebrates... at the Laurie Beechman Theatre is a delight of a show. You are always guaranteed stellar performances, wonderful stories, and a lot of belly laughs. I walk away from every show having received an education - finding new appreciation for the music featured that month.
A most exceptional entertainer presents an incredibly satisfying series. I always look forward to the next one.
Abby Judd, Lights and Sound at The Laurie Beechman Theater

Sit Back! A New News Cycle Is About to Begin!


Thank you, to ALL who are mentioned in this blog for showing me that it is up to ME to lead by example!

With grateful XOXOXs ,


 




Please LIKE (if you do!) and SHARE!


NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!


Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!  
  Keeping America great through Art!     

Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!
Please leave a comment and share on Twitter and Facebook
Keeping Entertainment LIVE!
 
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED DAY

Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com








Comments